DryDrone V2 code named “COBALT” protects better than ever your valuable components from catastrophic failure.
- Ultra thin application ( up to 3 coats )
- Easy to apply
- No mess
- No toxic fumes
- Fast dry time no curing required
- Now with UV tracer
- Excellent in salty environments
- Improved corrosion resistance
- Improved wettability
- Excellent electrical insulation and dielectric properties
- Excellent solder through characteristics
Permanent damage from moisture, rivers, lakes, puddles damp grass, etc and corrosion from salt water spray can be a worry from the past. DryDrone V2 Cobalt is safe to use on all on flight controllers, ESC’s, power distribution boards(1) receivers and transmitters. It forms a fine repellent film designed to protect sensitive electronics from moisture, Salt related corrosion.
DryDrone V2 Cobalt is electrically stable and easy to apply with the included application brush and is hundreds of times thinner than conformal and easy to apply. DryDrone V2 Cobalt Its low viscosity, low surface tension solution of fluorinated polymers that dries to an ultrathin, translucent coating with excellent liquid repellant properties.
DryDrone V2 Cobalt no longer needs curing and is easy to apply. A yellow-orange dye will fluoresce under ultraviolet (UV) light, aiding inspection of the coverage process. A maximum of 3 coats can be applied for added protection in more extreme environments.
DryDrone V2 Cobalt is non-flammable, non-ozone-depleting, low in toxicity, low in GWP, RoHS compliant and low in VOC content and a low GWP(2).
- Non Hydrocarbon solution
- Low VOC
- Low toxicity
- Non-ozone depleting
- Chemical and moisture resistance
DryDrone V2 Cobalt is a uniquely engineered combination of chemical and thermal stability, low dielectric constant and low surface energy which performs efficiently and effectively under extreme conditions with minimal environmental impact. ( VOC emissions, toxicity, carbon footprint, etc.)
Recognition of the environmental issues surrounding current hydrocarbon-based chemicals has led to increasing research efforts for the identification of alternatives that provide similar, and hopefully someday soon superior performance characteristics. Our efforts will assist in the continued development of additional high performance products in for industries while ensuring the continued growth of this emerging market.
(1) Some inexpensive power distribution boards and other voltage regulation circuits use a technology very sensitive to external influences. This process allows for a very inexpensive and accurate voltage regulator circuit, but the trade off is its tendency to be influenced by external factors. The effect of this interaction is a wild swing in regulated voltage outside of the specified value, causing your component to act erratically or temporarily shut down. This swing in voltage, does not damage your component and is quickly recovered by the removal of the foreign influence.
(2) Global Warming Potential (GWP); The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) defines a volatile organic compound (VOC) as “any compound of carbon, excluding carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, carbonic acid,
metallic carbides or carbonates and ammonium carbonate, which participates in atmospheric photochemical reactions.” Products marked “VOC exempt” are defined as VOC exempt per the U.S. EPA.